Work-Study Program

What is Federal Work-Study?

A federal student aid program that helps college students with financial need get part-time jobs while you are enrolled in school. You have to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be eligible. Student eligibility is based on financial need. If you’re looking for another way to help pay for college, Federal Work-Study may be a great option for you. Work-study is a way for students to earn money through part-time on or off-campus jobs. The program gives students an opportunity to gain valuable work experience while pursuing a college degree.


Common Work-Study Questions

To be offered work-study, a student must:
How do students qualify for work-study?
When are applications made available?
Where do I find a work-study job? How do I get hired?
How much can I earn?
Can I work as many hours as I want? 
Things you should know about work-study


View Current Job Listings Work-Study Positions: Ottumwa Campus


Work-Study Positions: Centerville Campus


Work-Study Positions: Community Service


Ottumwa Campus:

speer_profileJennifer Speer, Financial Assistance Specialist/Communication Management
Indian Hills Community College

525 Grandview Avenue Ottumwa, Iowa 52501

Phone: (641) 683-5326 or (800) 726-2585, ext. 5236


 Centerville Campus:

Emma Griffin, Enrollment and Business Services Support Staff
Indian Hills Community College

721 North 1st Street Centerville, Iowa 52544

Phone: (641) 856-2143, ext. 2228 or (800) 670-3641, ext. 2228