Financial Aid



The 2024-2025 FAFSA opened on December 31, 2023.

Initially, institutions were slated to receive submitted 2024-2025 FAFSA's by the “end of January 2024”. On January 30th, the Department of Education announced schools will now not receive students’ FAFSA’s until “mid-March”. This will delay students from receiving 2024-2025 Financial Aid Offer Letters.


A big change in the process is that you CANNOT setup your FSA ID username and password at the same time you file the FAFSA. It is now required that your FSA ID username and password be verified before you can use it to file the FAFSA. It can take up to five days to verify an FSA ID. You must setup an FSA ID username and password for each student filing the form and a parent. Do this at least five days prior to the date you want to file your FAFSA. To learn more about the FSA ID process click here.


Schedule An Appointment With The EOC! 


Our FAFSA School Code


FAFSA 2023-2024

 AUGUST 2023-AUGUST 2024

Open now!


FAFSA 2024-2025

AUGUST 2024-AUGUST 2025 

Open now!

Financial Aid Checklist

  1. Apply for admission and be admitted to IHCC in an eligible program.
  2. Be a degree-seeking student (otherwise you are not eligible for financial aid).
  3. Apply for a Federal Student Aid ID. If you’re a dependent student, you will also need to have one of your parents apply for an FSA ID as well.
  4. Gather your income tax returns, W-2s, and/or other proof of income. If you are a dependent student, you will also need your parents’ information as well.
  5. Complete your FAFSA. The school code for Indian Hills Community College is 008298.
  6. Review your Student Aid Report for errors or needed corrections and resubmit, if applicable.
  7. You may be selected for “verification.” If so, please complete and return all forms requested by the Financial Aid Office. Approximate processing time is 2-4 weeks once we receive all requested information, so get these turned in as soon as possible!
  8. Review your IHCC aid offer for the terms covered by your financial aid, as summer may not be included. If you want student loans, please accept your loans online via your WIN Dashboard. You can find instructions on how to do this on your aid offer.
  9. If you want student loans, you’ll need to sign your Master Promissory Note and complete your Loan Entrance Counseling at You will need your FSA ID to do this. Print the confirmation page for your records.

All About the FAFSA

To apply for federal student aid, such as federal grants, work-study funds, and loans, you need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form at Completing and submitting the FAFSA is free and easier than ever, and it gives you access to the largest source of financial aid to help pay for college or career school.

Apply Today for Grants, Loans & Other Funding

At IHCC, affordable tuition is just one way we put your college degree within reach. We have connections to all kinds of scholarships, grants and low-interest loans.

The experts in IHCC’s Financial Aid Office are ready to help you get the money you need to complete your degree or certificate program. The process starts with one free online form, and we’ll guide you through it from there!

Connect with the Experts


Frequently Asked Questions About Financial Aid

How do I find out if I’m eligible for financial aid?
How will IHCC calculate my financial aid package?
What will I need to sign for my student loans?
When will I receive my financial aid?
What does it mean if I’m selected for verification?
What type of changes could affect my financial aid package?
What does Satisfactory Academic Progress mean?
What happens if I’m unable to complete a semester?

Financial Aid Policies, Guidelines & Forms

Federal Financial Aid Regulations
Other Financial Aid Forms & Information

OneStop Student Service Center

The OneStop Student Service Center is here to assist in answering all your questions about financial aid, paying your bill, important deadlines, and more!

OneStop FAQs

Email OneStop


Your Future Starts Here

Questions or concerns? Contact your Financial Aid Office!

Ottumwa Campus

Centerville Campus