Being one of the best community colleges in Iowa means we go the extra mile to make you feel at home. And that means IHCC Warriors get some of the best food in town.
Across our campuses, you’ll find a full-service cafeteria, handy cafés, grab-and-go snacks, and even fine dining for special occasions. Let’s dig in!
Dining on Main Campus
This full-service cafeteria is under the same roof as most classrooms and residence halls. It’s open every day, serving entrees, pizza, sandwiches, fast food, a soup and salad bar, and desserts.
This convenient shop in the Formal Lounge has all the coffee you need, along with fruit smoothies, sandwiches, salads, baked goods, ice cream, and more.
The Studio 525
It’s a rare gem of delightful cuisine, right in the middle of campus. The Studio 525 is more than a unique dining experience — it’s a collaborative classroom for students in the Culinary Arts program to show off their skills and learn the demands of running a successful restaurant.
- Location: Main Campus, near the Library entrance.
- Paying for your meal: The Studio prefers payment by cash or check. If you need to use a credit card, you can pay at the register at the Hills Diner and show your receipt as you’re seated. We don’t accept student meal cards.
- Reservations: While not required, reservations are recommended. Walk-ins are seated on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Airport Café
Open Monday through Thursday, the Airport Café serves breakfast and lunch.
- Breakfast: 6:30-8:30 a.m.
- Lunch: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
The Barn (also known as the Student Union) is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Breakfast: 7-8:30 a.m., Monday-Thursday
- Lunch: 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Monday-Thursday; 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Friday-Sunday
- Dinner: 5-7 p.m., Sunday-Thursday; 5-6 p.m., Friday-Saturday