The Bright Scholars of Iowa award is available to entering freshmen who will graduate from an Iowa high school and demonstrate financial need.
Amount of Award: covers tuition/books/fees/RMD (these amounts can vary.)
Number of Awards: 2
The Bright Foundation will fund multiple Bright Scholars of Iowa Awards for the 2021-2022 school year. Recipients will be selected by Indian Hills Community College Foundation Office based on the following criteria:
- Be a current senior attending Iowa high schools with a preference to students planning to transfer to UNI, U of I or ISU
- Demonstrate outstanding academic achievement (such as being in top 10% of high school graduating class or an ACT of 28 or above)
- Qualify for a Pell Grant
- Maintain full-time enrollment
Note: Preference but not limited to students who are first-generation college students.
Each scholarship will cover tuition, books and fees and room and board if applicable. The scholarship would be reduced by the amount of any other awards made to the recipient. The award would be renewable for a second year, provided the student maintains a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
You can possibly renew this award as you continue your education at one of the following universities: Iowa State University, University of Iowa or University of Northern Iowa.
Final Deadline: May 27, 2021
View more information about the Bright Scholars of Iowa Award.
How to Apply
- Applicants who meet the above criteria would be asked to write an essay identifying their commitment to learning and community service and describing how they have succeeded in the face of adversity (no more than two typewritten pages).
- They will also be asked to submit a summary of their activities and organization, leadership roles, academic achievements and honors, community service and volunteerism, and potentials in chosen career and employment (no more than two typewritten pages).
525 Grandview Avenue Ottumwa, Iowa 52501
Phone: (641) 683-5156 or (800) 726-2585, ext. 5156