In continuing to build opportunities for students to achieve affordable pathways to a baccalaureate degree and beyond, Coastal Carolina University (CCU) and Indian Hills Community College (IHCC) have created a transfer pathway to provide a guaranteed admission track if the admissions requirements are met for international students who graduate from Indian Hills with an Associate of Arts (AA) or an Associate of Science (AS) degree.
Participants Benefit in the following ways:
- IHCC international students will be subject to the terms and guidelines for admission at CCU and will be given no additional preferential treatment with respect to the admissions process or scholarships
- CCU will waive the core curriculum for IHCC students who have graduate from IHCC with an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree as long as the waiver remains a part of the CCU catalog which is updated annually.
- Waived English Proficiency Requirement for international IHCC students who complete an AA or AS degree at IHCC and have completed 3 credits of English with a “C” letter grade or higher, hve a minimum overall GPA of 2.50, and at least 24 transferrable credits of course work from IHCC in accordance with the CCU Core Curriculum effective in Fall 2017
- CCU advisors will be available to assist students transferring from IHCC with appropriate academic advising related to the student’s intended plan of study while at IHCC prior to transfer to CCU
- IHCC students are eligible to apply for scholarships for transfer students to CCU.
Current scholarship requirements are posted annually on the CCU merit awards website
(http://www.coastal.edu/admissions/meritawardsintl.html). Current scholarships, effective
2017, for international transfer students include:
- International Merit-based Awards (Students are automatically reviewed for these awards
upon application to CCU. No additional application is required.)
- Transfer Scholar Level 1 Award requires a minimum of 30 hours of transferable credit with a GPA of at between 3.25 – 3.49 and provides a 20% reduction of tuition.
- Transfer Scholar Level 2 Award requires a minimum of 30 hours of transferable credit with a GPA of 3.50 or higher and provides a 25% reduction of tuition.
- Sister-state Waivers - Students from sister-state countries (shown on http://www.coastal.edu/admissions/international/costscholarships/scholarships/sisterstatetuitionwaiver/) are eligible for a waiver to the in-state tuition.
- Application-based scholarships – Students transferring to CCU from IHCC are eligible to make application for CCU’s application-based scholarships, and should review the annual deadlines and eligibility requirements for completing these applications. Information is located at http://www.coastal.edu/admissionsaid/scholarships/abs.html.
- International Merit-based Awards (Students are automatically reviewed for these awards upon application to CCU. No additional application is required.)
Indian Hills Community College
Morgan McCleeary, Coordinator, International Enrollment Services
Indian Hills Community College
Phone: (641) 683-5755 or (800) 726-2585, ext. 5755