IowaWORKS can assist businesses with a wide range of services to fit your needs!
- Job Fairs
- Job Postings
- Employer's Council of Iowa (ECI) Training Sessions
- Development of Hiring Practices
- Targeted Job Fairs and Hiring Sessions
- Recruitment Assistance-click here
- Unemployment Assistance-Click Here
- Staff Assisted Job Search
- Resume Assistance
- Interview Prep and Development
- Federally Funded Programs
- Referrals to Partner Agencies
- Job Fairs
- Networking Opportunities
- Community Resource Guide
- Job Leads
- Application Assistance
- Current Labor Market Information
- Ticket to Work Program/Disability Navigation
Future Ready Iowa
Future Ready Iowa is an initiative to build Iowa's talent pipeline. Please visit our website: https://www.futurereadyiowa.gov/
Here is a brochure explaining the initiative. Future Ready Iowa Brochure.
Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA)
The Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) provides individuals with multiple services to upgrade skills and get them back in the workforce. Some of these services include:
- Assessments: Find out what career you would be best suited for!
- Work Experience: Do you have gaps in your employment? Work Experience can help you gain skills for your next career.
- On the Job Training (OJT): This can help you and the employer. Provides wage reimbursement while they train you.
- Pre-Employment Training: Training that can assist you with the soft skills that employers want.
- Basic Skills Training: Remedial education in Adult Basic Education and Literacy.
- Secondary Education Certification: Complete your High School Diploma or HiSED.
- Occupational Skills Training: Tuition assistance for approved college programs on the Eligible Training Provider List.
- National Able. A program for experienced individuals over the age of 55.
- Ticket to Work - Assits individuals with disabilities to obtain employment.
- PROMISE JOBS - Iowa's Welfare to Work Program
- GAP Tuition Assistance - provides assistance for certain vocational programs.
To Apply for WIOA Assistance, please go to www.iowaworks.gov and complete the Eligibility Explorer. Please give us a call at 641-684-5401 Ext: 40042 once complete or send us an email!
For more, please view our WIOA Services & Activities Flyer
- Typing Certification
- National Career Readiness Certification
- Soft Skill Management Training Certificate
- A Game Certification
- Assessment Testing
Services available to eligible Veterans. All Veterans receive Priority of Service. www.iowaworkforce.org/veterans
- Resume Assistance
- Veteran’s Benefit assistance
- Job Search
- Placement Services to Federally funded employment and training programs.
- Employment Consultations
- Testing and Career Exploration
- Home Base Iowa. Click here for more information!
Lost your job? Exhausted your unemployment? Let us help you find a new career!
Find a paid apprenticeship that opens the door to jobs with benefits like health insurance, paid vacation and retirement plans. View our flyer for more information about this exciting opportunity!
Keep up with us on Social Media!
Please come visit and let us help you achieve your goals!
Indian Hills Community College, North Campus
15260 Truman Street
Ottumwa, IA 52501
Jennifer Erdmann, Operations Manager
Indian Hills Community College
Phone: (641) 684-5401, ext. 40042