Do you “lobe” Psychology? Are you fascinated by the human mind? Dive into the study of mental processes and human behavior with a degree in Psychology at Indian Hills!
|Campus||Ottumwa and Centerville Campuses|
|Entry Term||All Terms|
|Length of Program||6 Terms (18 Months)|
|Diploma/Degree||Associate of Arts Degree in Psychology (A.A.)|
Explore the depths of human behavior! With a Life.Changing. career in Psychology, you will better understand human beings, their motivations, emotions, and thought processes. Psychology is not simply the study of abnormal behavior. It's the science of how we behave, the key to questions of personality, intelligence, and social behavior. Our talented instructors will help you to develop critical thinking skills to defend ethics, social justice, and diversity, and gain insight into human behavior! Additionally, our degree is specifically designed to help you gain the foundational knowledge and understanding to prepare you to continue your education at a four-year college after graduation!
|What you will learn:||
Psychology Program Outcomes 2022
- The student will develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- The student will demonstrate the ability to interpret and evaluate psychological research.
- The student will evaluate historical and contemporary theories in psychology.
- The student will develop psychological thinking by applying learning to real life situations.
- The student will examine and draw conclusions on human development across the lifespan.
- The student will develop skills that foster communication and interaction within a diverse population.
Ready to take your education to the next level?
Check out the details of this degree below to see how our courses at Indian Hills Community College will help you get on your way to a Life.Changing. career as a Teacher, Psychologist, or Counselor.
|Frequently Asked Questions||Tuition & Financial Aid||Request More Information|
|Visit Campus||Program Details||Apply Now|
Got Questions? Don’t stress. Just ask Deb!
Deb Vos, Program Director, Education and Social Sciences
Indian Hills Community College
525 Grandview Avenue Ottumwa, Iowa 52501
(641) 683-5111 ext. 1835 or (800) 726-2585, ext. 1835