Be a leader! Educate children of the 21st century! Teach skills and provide knowledge that helps children prepare and excel in the future! Life.Changing.
|Campus||Ottumwa, Centerville Campus, and Online|
|Entry Term||Fall, Winter, and Spring|
|Length of Program||6 Terms (18 Months)|
|Diploma/Degree||Associate of Arts Degree in Education (A.A.)|
Sometimes to influence great minds, you must start small. An Elementary Education Degree may be just for you. This pathway prepares you to work as a licensed teacher in kindergarten through sixth grade in a public or private educational setting. Indian Hills Community College AA curriculum is designed to transfer seamlessly to any 4-year institution. This pathway can be completed on campus or online.
|What you will gain:||
Education Outcomes 2020
- The student will examine the impact historical events, perspectives and history overall has had on education.
- The student will develop critical thinking skills.
- The student will evaluate current trends or issues that could impact educating children.
- The student will determine the use of technology in effective teaching.
- The student will discuss and analyze personal competencies needed to be a professional educator.
- The student will elaborate on the diversity found in education.
Ready to take your education to the next level?
Check out the Elementary Education Details below to see how our program at Indian Hills Community College will help you get a Life.Changing. Career.
|Frequently Asked Questions||Tuition & Financial Aid||Request More Information|
|Student Policy Manual||Program Details||Apply Now|
Note: Please be aware that there are unique pre–employment qualifications for positions
in this field, which may include passing extensive criminal and character background
checks, physical requirements, polygraph testing, oral boards, drug screening, and/or
other requirements pertinent to current hiring practices.
Download the Education Background Check Form
Questions? Don’t stress. Just ask Deb!
Deb Vos, Program Director, Education and Social Sciences
Indian Hills Community College
525 Grandview Avenue Ottumwa, Iowa 52501
(641) 683-5111 ext. 1835 or (800) 726-2585, ext. 1835