Educational Opportunity Center (EOC)
The Educational Opportunity Center — or EOC — helps lower–income, first–generation college students with financial aid and admission applications as well as academic and career advising. Almost everyone is eligible to receive EOC services. In most situations, participants are those who meet income guidelines, are first generation college students (neither parent has earned a bachelor’s degree), age 19 or older, residents of the EOC Service Area, and citizens of the United States or have permanent residency status.
The Educational Opportunity Center staff members assist eligible participants with:
- admission forms and procedures
- financial aid forms and procedures (see below)
- selecting a college and major
- course selection and methods of learning
- career planning and skill assessment
- obtaining a GED or other high school completion credential
- coordinating tutoring
- coordinating college tours
- personal counseling and community agency referral
To see the 2016 calendar for FREE Financial Aid Workshops in a location nearest you, click here!
To stay up to date on what's going in the EOC, check our latest Newsletter!
Apply for EOC Services
To apply for EOC services, please complete and submit the EOC Application
Educational Opportunity Center
Indian Hills Community College
Arts & Sciences Building, Room 113
525 Grandview Avenue
Ottumwa, IA 52501
Phone: (641) 683-5315 or (800) 726-2585, ext. 5315