Indian Hills is moving many
Indian Hills has cancelled or
Most campus services and
Residence halls are closing until
March 31, 2020 update
Indian Hills Community College will observe the regularly scheduled Spring Break April 6-9, 2020.
On April 13, classes will resume in the recently developed alternative formats (online, zoom, simulation) established by each faculty member.
Classes that are meeting in a completely virtual environment will finish the Spring Term in that format. Students must follow the instructions given by the faculty member for each class.
Students in classes which contain lab and clinical components will receive information about those labs and clinicals from their instructors for each class. Some labs may resume in a face-to-face format beginning on May 4. Students must follow the instructions given by the faculty member for each class.
Students remaining in the on-campus residence halls will receive direction from the Student Development Office.
MARCH 24, 2020 UPDATE
Indian Hills Community College continues to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and the recommendations of Governor Reynolds, the Iowa Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
The college has made the following decisions in the best interest of the campus community:
- Effective at 4:45 p.m. on Tuesday, March 24, 2020, all Indian Hills Community College courses and labs will move to a variety of online formats through April 13, 2020. Faculty members will continue to communicate with students regarding plans for online coursework.
- Due to moving all labs and courses to a variety of online formats, Indian Hills is closing the on-campus residence halls until further notice. Students who have the ability to move out of the residence halls and to a permanent residence are asked to check out of the residence halls by March 29, 2020. Students who do not have the ability to move to a permanent residence must complete an application for exception in their eRezLife account. Students living in the on-campus residence halls should check their Indian Hills email for further information.
- The Indian Hills Dining Facilities are still offering carry-out meals with revised hours.
- The following services are closed through April 13, 2020, but still offering virtual
- Indian Hills Libraries – email@example.com
- Indian Hills Pothoven Academic Success Center – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indian Hills Educational Opportunity Center by appointment – 641.683.5315 or email@example.com
- Indian Hills Student Support Services – 641.683.5246 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disability Services - email@example.com
- The following services are closed through April 13, 2020:
- Indian Hills County Service Centers
- Indian Hills Testing Center
- Indian Hills Bookstore
- Indian Hills Regional Entrepreneurship Center
- Due to COVID-19, Indian Hills Community College has suspended all interviews through April 13, 2020. Applicants will be notified after April 13 if interviews will be rescheduled/scheduled at that time.
MARCH 20, 2020 UPDATE
At this time, Indian Hills is working to move all new student orientations to an online format. Please watch for email communications from your program director and academic advisor in the next few days.
To comply with the Governor’s statement, Indian Hills strongly recommends that students, staff and faculty who have traveled for business or spring break self-quarantine for 14 days. Students or staff should communicate with faculty or their direct supervisor about completing assigned projects during the self-quarantine period.
MARCH 19, 2020 UPDATE
Beginning Monday, March 23, 2020, The Indian Hills Testing Center will be closed to all third-party testing. Third-party testing includes, but is not limited to: PSI, Pearson Vue, FAA, Pesticide, Iowa Department of Revenue and Scantron. If you have questions regarding an upcoming test or scheduled appointment, please contact the Testing Center at 641.683.5142 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MARCH 18, 2020 UPDATE
All Indian Hills locations are open to students and staff only. Members of the general public, vendors and delivery personnel should coordinate with their point of contact.
All students should continue to check their Indian Hills student email and MyHills accounts for further communication from instructors and the college.
The Buena Vista University office located on the Indian Hills Main Campus is closed from March 19 - April 3. Please contact 712-749-1000 or email@example.com with questions.
MARCH 17, 2020 UPDATE
Indian Hills Community College continues to monitor communications from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) and evaluate all policies and practices on a daily basis.
The following services will continue to operate with revised hours:
- Ottumwa and Centerville Campus Libraries
- Open from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- County Service Centers
- Open from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- IT Tech Support
- Available from 7:15 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Those in need of assistance should contact the HelpDesk at 641.683.5333 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pothoven Academic Success Center
- Open from 7:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Ottumwa and Centerville Campus Residence Halls
- Ottumwa and Centerville Campus Dining Facilities
- Open with revised hours
- Carry-out only
- Ottumwa Campus Testing Center
- Open Monday-Thursday from 7:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Due to the American Dental Association (ADA) recommendation that all elective procedures are postponed for three weeks, the Indian Hills Dental Lab will close effective March 18, 2020.
In an effort to bet serve all students, Indian Hills has created a special email for students who have questions or concerns about course delivery. Students with questions are encouraged to contact email@example.com.
MARCH 16, 2020 UPDATE
Indian Hills Community College has been closely monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic with help from the Iowa Department of Public Health, the Wapello County Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control.
At this time, Indian Hills has made the following decisions to protect our campus community:
- All classes are cancelled for Monday, March 16 and Tuesday, March 17, 2020.
- The college will move many classes to alternative methods of instruction beginning Wednesday, March 18, 2020. Alternative methods may include online or hybrid formats.
- Health Sciences, Advanced Technologies and Arts and Sciences courses with lab requirements
may continue to meet in a face-to-face lab environment. Instructors will be reaching
out to students with further information regarding all classes.
- For questions regarding course delivery, please contact your instructor or program director.
- The college, including residence halls and on-campus dining will remain open.
- The libraries on the Centerville and Ottumwa Campuses will remain open with modified hours.
Indian Hills Executive Council members have been meeting daily to assess the spread of the virus and determine the appropriate course of action for the college and all students moving forward. Students are encouraged to continue to check their Indian Hills student email account for further updates.
We know the days ahead will be challenging for each member of the Indian Hills family. Please know that we will do our best to help meet the needs of each student and employee.
Indian Hills Community College is cancelling/postponing the following events:
- Southern Iowa Career Fair that was scheduled for March 19, 2020
- All Continuing Education CPR courses and General Interest courses postponed through April 20
- All Spring athletic competitions have been cancelled (njcaa.org)
- Indian Hills Community College continues to monitor communications from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) and act accordingly.
MARCH 15, 2020 UPDATE
Based on CDC advice that gatherings of 250 people or more be limited, Indian Hills Community College is postponing the following events:
- Diversity Conference that was scheduled for March 27, 2020
- Harlem Globetrotters game for March 23, 2020
A reschedule date will be announced at a later time for both events.
In response to the possibility of community spread in Iowa, Indian Hills is limiting the use of the Hellyer Student Life Center, the Tom Arnold Net Center, and the Centerville Multipurpose Building to IHCC students and staff. Public will not have access to these facilities until further notice.
MARCH 13, 2020 UPDATE
- Indian Hills Community College has had no confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19.
- Class schedules and office hours continue as usual.
- Spring break remains scheduled for April 6 through April 9.
- The National Junior College Athletic Association has suspended competition for spring
sports through April 3. Practice will still be set by coaches.
The NJCAA DI Men’s Basketball National Tournament has been postponed until April 20, 2020.
- Indian Hills will continue to monitor information from health professionals and will consider each college activity or event carefully to determine any changes.