Do you have a question about this Indian Hills Program? Browse through the Program's
Frequently Asked Questions and you might just find the answer you're looking for!
Students create a variety of projects relating to graphic design, social marketing and website development.
- In social marketing, students develop marketing plans and create the visual elements to produce their marketing initiatives including photos, videos and artwork to post online.
- In graphic design, students develop advertisements, brochures and a variety of other designs that businesses and customers need to promote their products and services
- In website development, students design and develop responsive websites for customers to view on their computers, smartphones or tablets.
Students typically have choices in a variety of opportunities:
- Freelance opportunities to help many businesses with their digital needs or in a specialty of their choice.
- Working for a small business and handling all of their marketing initiatives including designing artwork, managing their social media profiles and maintaining their website.
- Working for a design agency with a team of others where each team member focuses on a more specific talent relating to graphic design, digital marketing or website development.
There are a lot of opportunities everywhere! The digital marketing, website development and graphic design fields are very popular today. In Ottumwa there are a lot of small to mid-size businesses looking for help from Interactive Media students. If you want to work in a marketing agency, most of those tend to be in larger metropolitan areas like Des Moines, Davenport, and Cedar Rapids in Iowa, or places like Kansas City and St. Louis in Missouri.
Couldn't find the answer you were looking for? No worries! Just ask Mary!
Mary Clark, Instructor, Interactive Media Technology
Indian Hills Community College
525 Grandview Avenue Ottumwa, Iowa 52501
(641) 683-5111, ext. 1742 or (800) 726-2585, ext. 1742