Disability Services

If you have a disability and need special accommodations or services to help you function effectively in an academic environment, please contact Disability Services. Available services include classroom accommodations and/or adaptive or specialized equipment.


Note: If you are registering for a non–credit or one–time event, you are not required to document your disability.

Disability Services Request Form

Service Animal Policy

Service Animal Registration Form


Taking a Course for College Credit?

Students with disabilities enrolling in credit programs must document their disability by providing a written statement signed by a school counselor, physician, psychologist, or other health care professional.


Statements must include:

  • Description of the disability
  • Statement of how the disability prohibits one or more major life activities and is a barrier to the student's full participation in the program
  • Description of the specific accommodations which might be provided. (Requested accommodations must be related to the individual's specific disability.)



All requests for accommodations should be made as far in advance as possible. Students enrolling in credit programs should make their requests for accommodations at the time they are applying for admission and preferably no later than six weeks prior to the beginning of each academic term. All student requests are dealt with in a confidential manner.


Contact Us:

Ottumwa Campus:

Academic Success Center
Indian Hills Community College
525 Grandview Avenue
Ottumwa, IA 52501

(641) 683-5238
(800) 726-2585, ext. 5238




Centerville Campus:

Academic Success Center
Indian Hills Community College
721 North First Street, Bldg CV06
Centerville, IA 52544

(641) 856-2143
(800) 670-3641, ext. 2214