The college provides 1,631 parking spaces on the Ottumwa Campus - enough spaces for all cars during the day.
- Commuter Students: Students who commute to campus daily will be assigned purple stickers. These students will park only in those lots designated by the purple–colored sticker. Parking in any other lot will be a violation.
- Resident Students: Students who reside in the Residence Halls will be assigned green stickers, except for residents of Wapello Hall, who will be assigned red stickers. These students will park only in those lots designated by the green– and red–colored stickers. Each Residence Hall will be assigned specific lots at orientation. Parking in any other lot will be a violation.
- Staff: Faculty and staff of Indian Hills Community College will be assigned blue stickers and will park only in those lots designated by the blue–colored sticker. Parking in any other lot will be a violation.
The registered holder of a parking permit, regardless of who drives or parks the vehicle, is responsible for that motor vehicle.
Parking stickers are required for all vehicles parked on the Ottumwa campus between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Parking stickers are available in the campus bookstores at a cost of $10 during the Fall and Winter terms and $5 during the Spring and Summer terms. If a vehicle with a parking sticker is sold, a new sticker can be obtained in the campus bookstore at no cost to the vehicle owner if the old sticker is removed and brought in for verification. This can be done throughout the year.
For unregistered vehicles, temporary parking permits must be obtained from the office you are visiting on campus, or the vehicle may be parked for one hour in a visitor space.
Only vehicles with properly displayed handicapped ID tags may park in designated handicapped spaces.
All vehicles are to display the parking permit, which is to be fully attached by its own adhesive backing, according to the following directions:
- Convertibles and trucks — lower left–hand corner of the driver's side of the windshield
- All other cars and station wagons — lower left–hand corner of the driver's side of the rear window
- Two–wheeled or three–wheeled vehicles — right handlebar or other location allowing sticker to be readily visible from the rear.
- Vehicles with defroster wires on the rear window — lower corner of the driver's side of the rear window
New permits for vehicles must be affixed within five days after the start of each term.
All vehicles shall be parked between parking lines.
Vehicles must come to a complete stop at all stop signs on campus.
Drivers must obey traffic directing personnel.
Vehicles must remain on the traveled roadway.
Failure to abide by the parking regulations established by Indian Hills Community College will result in parking tickets or towing of the vehicle in violation, at the expense of the owner.
Vehicles will be towed at the owner's expense for the following reasons:
- Parking in a no parking or loading zone
- Habitual parking violations
- Parking out of designated lines, blocking other cars from leaving
- Parking off the roadways in the grass
The maximum speed limit on all IHCC campus drives and roads is 25 mph, unless otherwise posted. The maximum speed limit in all IHCC parking areas is 10 mph. Both limits are at the discretion of the college.
All persons should drive vehicles at speeds that are reasonable and proper under the conditions present and demonstrate responsibility in regard to the actual and potential hazards that exist.