The GO TEC Scholarship Program stands for: Growing Opportunities in Technology and
Engineering Careers. Scholarships are funded by the National Science Foundation under
Grant Number 1458301.
The primary goal of the GO TEC Scholarship Program is to increase the number of qualified technology and engineering employees in rural Southeast Iowa and beyond.
The GO TEC Scholarship Program for STEM Students with financial aid will cover up to $10,000 of the student's yearly unmet financial needs. ($2,500/term maximum.)
- Students must be in the process of enrolling (or be enrolled) in one of the participating programs below.
- 3.0 High School GPA for entering students (or a GED minimum subtest score of 500).
- 3.0 cumulative GPA for current IHCC Students of students transferring from another college.
- Must complete the COMPASS or the ACT exam.
- Must be enrolled full time (8 credit hours minimum) at Indian Hills each term during which they are on the GO TEC Scholarship Program.
- Must have a current FAFSA on file.
Indian Hills Programs participating in the GO TEC Scholarship Program:
- Agricultural/Biofuels Process Technology
- Computer Networks and Security
- Computer Software Development
- Electrical & Renewable Energy Technology
- Electronic Engineering Technology
- Engineering (Arts and Sciences Focus Area)
- Geospatial Technology
- Interactive Media Technology
- Laser/Electro-Optics Technology
- Machine Technology
- Robotics/Automation Technology
Demographic Eligibility Requirements:
- Open to US Citizens, permanent residents, nationals or refugees only. Not open to international students.
Benefits of the GO TEC Scholarship Program:
- Fall Orientation Meeting: Get to know project staff and your peers, start working together right away.
- STEM Discovery & Leadership Course: Discover the culture, history, and sociolgy of leadership as it relates to STEM.
- STEMinar: Engage in team-building exercises and start forming a learning community.
- Summer Excursions: Go on a Diversity and Leadership Trip to Chicago, and visit the Technology and Engineering Day at Six Flags Great America.
- Industry Field Trips: At least two day-trips per year to regional technology and engineering companies so that you can develop a deeper insight into your intended careers through tours of manufacturing and design facilities and through interaction with STEM professionals.
- Faculty Mentors: You will be assigned a faculty mentor in your field of study and the faculty mentor will guide you through the college process and refer you to internship and employment opportunites.
This is a need-based scholarship program. Students must file a FAFSA and demonstrate
financial need as defined by the federal goverment.
For additional information about the FAFSA, please explore our answers to a number of Frequently Asked Questions or contact the Financial Aid Office.
How to Apply for a GO TEC Scholarship:
In order to apply, applicants simply need to fill out the GO TEC Scholarship Program Application, and submit to Becky Henderson. You may either print the application, fill out by hand, and drop it off in person or send by mail or you may download the form, fill it out digitally and send it to her via email.
If you have any questions regarding this scholarship please contact us directly by
sending an email to: email@example.com or by contacting Becky Henderson.
Becky Henderson, Assistant, Foundation/Development Office
Indian Hills Community College
525 Grandview Avenue Ottumwa, Iowa 52501
Phone: (641) 683-5156 or (800) 726-2585, ext. 5156