The Bright Scholars of Iowa award is available to entering freshmen who will graduate from an Iowa high school and demonstrate financial need.
Amount of Award: Up to $6,000 per year
Number of Awards: Varies
The Bright Foundation will fund multiple Bright Scholars of Iowa Awards for students
attending Indian Hills Community College. Recipients will be selected by the IHCC
Foundation Office, based on the following criteria:
- be current seniors attending an Iowa high school,
- demonstrate outstanding academic achievement
(top 10% of high school graduating class or an ACT of 28 or above),
- qualify for a Pell Grant, and
- maintain full-time enrollment.
Note: Preference will be given to students who are first-generation college students
Final Deadline: May 28, 2020
View more information about the Bright Scholars of Iowa Award.
How to Apply
- Submit a written essay identifying your commitment to learning and community service and describing how you have succeeded in the face of adversity (no more than two typed pages).
- Submit a summary of your activites and organization, leadership roles, academic achievements and honors, community service and volunteerism, and potentials in chosen career and employment (no more than 2 typed pages).
525 Grandview Avenue Ottumwa, Iowa 52501
Phone: (641) 683-5156 or (800) 726-2585, ext. 5156