Travel. Education. New Cultures. Fantastic Experiences. Are You Ready for A Life. Changing. Journey?
Now that you've been admitted to Indian Hills Community College, let's get you prepared to arrive to campus. There are some important things you need to know about what you need to do next, but don't worry, we'll help you every step of the way. Please make sure to check your acceptance packet for important information about orientation, term dates, airport/train arrival, how to apply for your student visa, and much more.
New Indian Hills Community College international students must:
- Complete the International Student Online Orientation units prior to arriving to the US, as well as report to the in-person multi-day Indian Hills International Student Orientation and registration session
- Enroll full–time and attend Indian Hills Community College for a minimum of two 12–week terms
- Be a high school graduate or have a High School Equivalency Diploma
- Present these original documents at the in-person International Student Orientation: Passport, Visa, I-20, and I-94
- Complete the ACCUPLACER test or ESL ACCUPLACER test during in-person orientation or provide an approved English proficiency test score report to the International Affairs Office prior to arrival
- Be screened for Tuberculosis (TB) during orientation
International Student Orientation
Indian Hills international students must complete orientation. Mandatory orientation includes the Online Orientation AND the in-person International Student Orientation. The Online Orientation must be completed prior to your arrival to the US. The in-person orientation will take place before the start of each term (refer to your acceptance packet for dates).
Please bring the following items with you to the in-person International Student Orientation:
- US/local address
- Emergency contact information
- Copy of immunization records
You will be required to take the ACCUPLACER test or ESL ACCUPLACER test during orientation (if you have not provided an approved English proficiency test score report to the International Affairs Office prior to arrival).
During the Online Orientation, you will learn important information about your success
at Indian Hills Community College. During the in-person International Student Orientation,
we will cover the most important aspects for your success, as well as tour campus,
register for classes, obtain your Indian Hills Student ID card, and much more.
International Affairs Office
Indian Hills Community College
Phone: +1 (641) 683-5755 | (800) 726-2585, ext. 5755