Position listed on June 13, 2018
North Campus/Advanced Technologies
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Prefer training at post-high school level.
- Meet Certified Flight Instructor qualifications in all categories through instrument instructor.
- Meet proficiency check flight for 141.
Provide flight instruction, pre-flight briefings, expanded briefings, and post-flight briefings in aircraft and Redbird Flight Simulator.
- Maintain standardized 141 flight program.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with professional personnel, local organizations, public officials and other interested people.
- Instruct in accordance with program requirements.
- Maintain all safety aspects of program.
- Participate in applicable scheduled meetings.
- Submit all required forms and records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that quality of instruction meets the 80% pass rate as stated in FAR 141.83.
- Maintain proficiency in Redbird Flight Simulator.
- Participate in bi-annual advisory meetings.
- Meet the standards of the college’s Quality Faculty Plan.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Department Chair, North Campus/Chief Flight Instructor
Adjunct-Exempt-Traditional Funding, "at-will" employment on a letter of employment.
Yearly Employment Length:
4 term, full time
20-25 hours/week, flights as scheduled
TINS 10-2-4470-03-52100 100%
Starting Salary Range:
$550 per month plus $20.00/hour flight time
Non-Discrimination Policy: It is the policy of Indian Hills Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family, or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Kristen Parks, Director of Human Resources/Equity Coordinator, 525 Grandview Ave, Ottumwa, IA 52501, 683-5108.