Position listed on September 28, 2017
Adjunct Driving Instructor
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years recent experience in diesel truck driving with 2 years over the road experience.
- Must relate well to people and display a high degree of competency within the field.
- Must have a current Class A commercial driving license with an acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to withstand elements in an outdoor environment. Position involves walking/standing for extended periods of time.
Instructional staff will be expected to maintain a professional rapport with students and peers. The primary job function is to establish a training environment in which the students can obtain the knowledge and skills to meet their educational goals.
- Teach courses in accordance with objectives of the course outline as set forth by the department in which one is assigned.
- Provide training and direction in live driving situations to include pre-trip, skills training, and road trips.
- Prepare students for DOT exam.
- Assist program instructor in evaluating students and provide feedback to both instructor and students.
- Perform minor repairs on equipment.
- Meet the standards of the college’s Quality Faculty Plan for adjunct faculty.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Department Chair, North Campus
Adjunct, traditional funding, at-will employment on a letter of employment
Yearly Employment Length:
4 term, full-time
Part –time, Monday – Thursday and some weekends as needed
TINS 10-2-6990-03-52100 100%
Starting Salary Range:
Non-Discrimination Policy: It is the policy of Indian Hills Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family, or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Kristen Parks, Director of Human Resources/Equity Coordinator, 525 Grandview Ave, Ottumwa, IA 52501, 683-5108.