Position listed on June 5, 2018
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Iowa teaching license with Instructional Strategist I or Instructional
- Strategist II endorsement.
- Previous classroom experience in special education.
- Strong communication skills including e-mail, voicemail, Skype, Zoom and telephone
- The ability to maintain strong working relationships.
- Follows policies and procedures in accordance with state and national laws.
- Effective organizational skills and the ability to be a self-starter.
- Knowledge of college disability services.
- Ability to consult with teachers and provide transition planning guidance.
- Ability to make educationally sound decisions.
- Knowledge of assistive technology and the ability to integrate it into curriculum.
- Willingness to be flexible and a team player.
- Daytime travel is required.
Under the direction of the RISE Coordinator this person will serve as the special education teacher for the RISE 4+ program. This includes but not limited to, maintaining IEPs (Individualized Education Plan) as a service provider, conducting progress monitoring, attending staffings for new and current students, and providing transition guidance to educators and families.
- Serve as a liaison for schools, IHCC and families.
- Provide consultation to teachers and tutors regarding best practices for accommodations and teaching strategies.
- Provide transition planning guidance, including best practices as identified by the Department of Education.
- Create a positive and welcoming learning environment.
- Promote Indian Hills and the RISE program in a positive manner.
- Maintain Confidentiality
- Conduct progress monitoring, as identified on the IEP.
- Assist with improving student retention.
- Maintain communication with the school district and appropriate IEP team member regarding the progress of each student.
- Conduct annual staffings in a timely manner.
- Responsible for writing and updating IEPs with guidance from the IEP team.
- Provide guidance and support to students throughout their involvement in the program.
- Promote relationships with outside resources including but not limited to, Iowa Works, Vocational Rehabilitation, and Job Corps.
August 26, 2018
Yearly Employment Length:
2 days per week during academic year and 1 day per week during summer term
RISE 10-2-5805-01-52100 100%
Starting Salary Range:
$18 per hour
Non-Discrimination Policy: It is the policy of Indian Hills Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family, or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Kristen Parks, Director of Human Resources/Equity Coordinator, 525 Grandview Ave, Ottumwa, IA 52501, 683-5108.