Position listed on February 5, 2018
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Successful coaching and recruiting experience at the collegiate level is preferred.
- Experience playing at the collegiate level is preferred.
- Ability to relate to and supervise student athletes.
Indian Hills Community College is seeking a qualified candidate to lead the Men’s Soccer program. The head coach will recruit and develop student-athletes, organize all facets of the Men’s Soccer program, including but not limited to practice and game organization, travel arrangements, recruiting, scheduling, budgeting and soccer fundraising.
- Evaluate players’ performance and design plans/strategies for improvement.
- Provide individual and group instruction focused on the technical improvement of the individual.
- Schedule, organize and oversee all practices and games.
- Develop a high quality recruitment program supported with a written, well defined plan including recruitment, scheduling, contacts and results. Meet enrollment goals and expectations for roster each year.
- Be involved in and with booster club activities.
- Develop student-body support for athletic events by planning activities that will appeal to students.
- Work diligently for placement at four year colleges and universities for worthy performers in the Indian Hills Community College program.
- Be responsible for the conduct of players both on and off the pitch.
- Work cooperatively with the Women’s Soccer Coach in regard to schedules, facilities, budgets and equipment.
- Work cooperatively with the Women’s Soccer Coach in regards to oversight of the Men’s and Women’s Soccer Assistant Coach.
- Maintain a monitoring system of class attendance and satisfactory progress toward each player’s educational goal.
- Dress, act and represent Indian Hills Community College appropriately at all athletic events, practices and activities.
- Conduct other duties with equal diligence and effort as given to the athletic program.
- Monitor financial aid packages for all recruits to assure that educational costs are properly arranged for within established guidelines.
- Organize and manage a summer soccer camp.
- Aid in facility maintenance.
- Keep inventory and maintain equipment.
- Initiate press releases and handle public relations associated with soccer.
- Develop and maintain a budget for the men’s soccer program.
- Coordinate all aspects of team travel.
- Hire officials for matches.
- Attend conferences, seminars, and meetings as permitted for professional development.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Position Level: Certified, Coach – Exempt – Traditional Funding, at will employment on a letter of employment
Yearly Employment Length:
4 term, full time
CCHO 10-6-8280-01-53000 100%
Starting Salary Range:
$28,000 plus room and board, if needed
Non-Discrimination Policy: It is the policy of Indian Hills Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family, or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Kristen Parks, Director of Human Resources/Equity Coordinator, 525 Grandview Ave, Ottumwa, IA 52501, 683-5108.