Position listed on April 18, 2018
Health Sciences - Child Development Center
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Completion of high school degree or equivalent required. Post secondary training preferred.
- At least one year working with children in a child care agency or school is preferred.
- Must relate well with adults and children and display a high degree of competency in child care. Be capable of creating a positive nurturing child care environment.
- Must be able to lift 40+ pounds.
Provide appropriate play and learning activities for young children which encourages creativity and self expression, promotes health, physical growth, and motor development and stimulates interest in mathematics, sciences and the arts. This person will be supervised on a daily basis by the Director, Child Development Center.
- Assist the Director, Child Development Center in the supervision of the children, preparation of materials and meals, and observation of individual children.
- Assist in planning and carrying out daily curriculum as directed by the Director, Child Development Center.
- Alert the Director, Child Development Center when supplies are running low or when toys or equipment are in need of repair.
- Function within the framework of the philosophy and objectives of IHCC and the Health Sciences Department.
- Work cooperatively with staff members and parents.
- Assist with regular observation of children, completing reports, and communication with parents.
- Address parental concerns as they occur.
- Perform routine custodial tasks in classroom and building.
- Assist with supervision of children, and students.
- Assume responsibility for classroom assigned.
- May have responsibilities for opening and closing facility.
- Function as role model for students.
- Maintain regular attendance for assigned schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Complete required training as mandated by IHCC and regulatory entities.
Director, Child Development Center
Auxiliary Support Level IV, Non-Exempt, Traditional Funding, at will employment on a letter of employment
Yearly Employment Length:
Monday through Friday varied hours
DAYC 30-2-8931-01-55100 100%
Starting Salary Range:
$9.39 -$10.01 per hour
Non-Discrimination Policy: It is the policy of Indian Hills Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family, or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Kristen Parks, Director of Human Resources/Equity Coordinator, 525 Grandview Ave, Ottumwa, IA 52501, 683-5108.