Memphis: July 18-21, 2019
We invite you to travel with us to Memphis, Tennessee. We have several events planned for your enjoyment.
Our adventure begins with a stop at the St. Louis Gateway Arch including the Museum at the Arch followed by a fun meal at Lamberts Café “Home of the throwed rolls” in Sikeston, MO on our way to Memphis. Rooted in Southern history, we will learn about the cotton merchants at the Victorian Village, including a tour of the Woodruff-Fontaine House. A cultural hub for the civil rights movement, we will visit the National Civil Rights Museum at the Lorraine Motel where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr was shot. We will have two special group dining experiences in Memphis, one for legendary BBQ at Charlie Vergo’s Rendezvous and one for Southern food at The Four Way. Memphis is known as the “home of the blues and birthplace of rock-n-roll” so we will visit the Rock N’ Soul Museum, The Belz Museum, and Elvis Presley’s home, Graceland. No stop to Memphis would be complete without a stop at the Peabody Hotel to see the Peabody Ducks and a stop at the new Bass Pro Shops Memphis Pyramid. We will be staying right in the heart of the music district near the famous Beale Street so you’ll have plenty of opportunity to watch street performers, listen to live music, ride the trolley, and shop.
Your trip escorts will be Indian Hills Professors:
Dr. Jennifer Boyenga - Program Director, Fine Arts
Heidi Peterson – Professor of Biology
- In-State student tuition is $176 per credit hour (A minimum of 1 credit hour of tuition is required to participate in the trip)
- Out–of–State student tuition is $240.00 per credit hour (A minimum of 1 credit hour of tuition is required to participate in the trip. Out-of-state students will be charged out–of-state tuition rate for all credits.
- There are no textbooks to buy.
- Course fee is $717 for double occupancy room or $937 for single occupancy room.
- Course fee includes:
- 3 nights hotel - Comfort Inn in Sikeston, MO & Holiday Inn in Memphis, TN
- IHCC Bus
- St. Louis Gateway Arch Tram Ride to the Top and Museum
- Graceland: Elvis Experience Tour + Airplanes
- National Civil Rights Museum
- Rock-N-Soul Museum
- Belz Museum
- Woodruff Fontaine House Tour
- Peabody Hotel Duck March
- Memphis Pyramid Bass Pro Shoppe
- Beale's Street
- 3 group meals - Lambert's, Rendevous and The Four Way
- Course fee includes:
- Your own money for additional meals, snacks and souvenirs
Comfort Inn & Suites 109 Mathews LN, Sikeston, MO 63801 Phone: (573) 472-0197
Holiday Inn Downtown Beale St. 160 Union, Memphis, TN 38103 Phone: (901) 525-5491
College credit (in–state or out-of-state tuition rate) in fine arts excursion or cultural literacy is required to go on this trip. You must register for at least one credit at Indian Hills Community College for the Summer Term 2019. It is recommended that you meet with your academic advisor or program director so you pick the best course(s) for your program of study.
The options are:
- CLS–217: Cultural Literacy Credit (3 credit hour – this is a hybrid course with online pre and post trip assignments required)
- MUS–293: Music Excursions (1 credit hour)
- ART–103: Art Excursion I (1 credit hour)
- ART–104: Art Excursion II (1 credit hour, prerequisite ART–103)
- ART-103/104 Art Excursion AND MUS-293 Music Excursion (2 credit hours total)
Download the Terms and Conditions for more details about the Fine Arts Trip. By registering for the trip, you are giving your consent to abide by these policies.
Payment is due in full to the Indian Hills Business Office by 4:30 p.m., Tuesday June 11, 2019.
As with any other course, tuition and fees will not be refunded after the official
drop date for the term.
For the Summer 2019 Term, the last day to drop is Monday July 15, 2019.
Questions or concerns? Don't stress! Just ask Jennifer!
Jennifer Appler, Institutional Research/Arts & Sciences Assistant
Indian Hills Community College
Phone: (641) 683-5228 or (800) 726-2585, ext. 5228